Saturday, February 18, 2006

Captions Outrageous! [Here's Cooking at You Edition]



The above photo comes to us from AP Photo/Elliott Minor via Yahoo!

This contest will last approximately one week.

Good luck!

******************************

HELP WANTED:

I would love to create an icon for all our CAP-HOG's to have the option of displaying on their blogs, and perhaps one for our Frequent Flyers Club members (expanding soon) as well, but I stink at creating graphics. I'm not sure I can offer much more than gratitude and a post singing your praises (with links), but if you are interested in showing off your creativity, let me know! Thanks!

Meanwhile, to the potential recipients of such things, is this such a good idea? Just wondering...

writetherightplace [nospam] at [nospam] gmail [nospam] dot [nospam] com.

******************************

I not only like to host photo caption contests, I like to play them, too!* Be certain to check out the latest contests at these great blogs...

Outside the Beltway
WILLisms
Random Numbers [Where Mr. Right Placed 3rd Last Week.]
GOP and the City
Wizbang!
Sine Qua Non Pundit
The Gone Rick Motel

And don't forget to check out the best caption blog in the business (where your suggestions are always welcome in the comments section, and can, if good enough, get promoted to the front page)...

Caption This!

*NOTE TO THE OTHER CAPTION CONTEST HOSTS:

Honest, I do still love to play them, I just need to get myself some more time, gosh darn it! Hang in there guys, I'll be back soon, I promise! Meanwhile, thank you so very much for continuing to play in mine, despite my prolonged absence from most of yours!

******************************

MOST RECENT CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS:

The Face That Sunk 1000 Ships Edition
Surely You Jest Edition
And the Camel They Rode in on Edition
Chucky Squeeze Edition
On Dangerous Ground Edition


WAIT! DON'T MISS THE RECENTLY UPDATED STANDINGS!...

Here are the overall rankings for the first 30 caption contests!!!

******************************

Thanks for the links!

Castle Argghhh!
Blogmeister USA
Bloggin' Outloud, which links with a new caption contest of its own!

This post is proudly featured in...

OTB CAPTION JAM
LUCKY DAWG NEWS

******************************

UPDATE 2/24:

This contest is now closed...

WINNERS ARE POSTED HERE!

New contest is HERE!

Thank you all for playing!

No comments: